We're really excited here.
Almost exactly 10 years ago to the day, the last release of Salstat was made. 22 October, 2003. Work since then has been patchy, including time wasted on a second version that was too ambitious and real-life intruding.
But we'll be making a new release with a load of bug fixes and extra features. We strongly recommend that you upgrade (which costs nothing!) and we have source code for those who want it, and packaged installables for Windows and OSX.
So what will be new?
- Lots of bug fixes in workflow, especially when exiting the program with unsaved data
- New display of results - cleaner and more readable
- Charts with export to PNG, JPEG, PDF and SVG
- Unit tested statistics procedures
- More descriptive statistics tests
- More efficient way to define data (including missing data which will be subtly highlighted)
- Import data from Excel (.xls and .xlsx)
- Improved text data import
We're hosting somewhere other than SourceForge now. We'll try to upload the files when we can but don't hold your breath!
We're also planning a load of new features and would like feedback.
- Import data from a database
- Save to Excel format
- Interactive graphs
- Interactive results
- More statistics
- Substituted variables